I really went in deep on improv this year. Lots of shows, lots of training, lots of different times and people and stages. I did a lot of things I’ve never done before – two-prov, hosting live podcasts and game shows, running independent shows, and just getting better at the basics. Whether we were kicking each other after a show or celebrating fun times together, it was a real treat for me. Here’s to an even better 2016!
- Improv Shows Performed: 48
- Sketch Shows Performed: 1
- Training Sessions and Workshops Attended: 50+ (at a minimum of two hours).
- Beverages Consumed: No Comment.
- Teams and Ensembles: Airblade, Snakes Up, Blokes, Lauren & Mike, Prudence, Inflorescence, Pavlatich and Brewn, No Worries, Shake-A-Stick, MBC, Mixtape, Full Disclosure, What Dat Crum?
- Performed at the Del Close Marathon in New York City.
- Auditioned for Under the Gun Theater’s Apprentice Program and was accepted.
- Created improvised game show “Full Disclosure” with Shane, got accepted for a monthly run at Improv Conspiracy Theatre.
- Performed standalone show Inflorescence at Melbourne Fringe Festival.
- Produced going away show “Everything Must Go” with six days notice and filled the joint~!
- Won a Cage Match (somehow). Lost a bunch of Cage Matches.
- Handed over Cage Match production duties to Ryan and Matt, two great eggs.
- Summer Holiday with Airblade after we became a team.
- Got asked to tell stories at The Remix. Presented really dull stories to the cast of The Remix.
- Wrote and performed my first sketch pieces.
- Hosted live improv theory podcast.
Wishes for 2016
- Perform less often, study more. Study more than just improv and performance – writing, producing techniques (lighting, sound, etc).
- Complete formal acting course.
- Run “Things I learnt in Chicago” workshop in Melbourne.
- Find indie team interested in performing Harolds.
- Work out the tricks behind a good organic opening.
- Start “Comedy Book Club” podcast. Put out episodes on a monthly basis.
- Perform at least six solo sketches.